Image Map

Friday 4 July 2014

Oh Vienna | Day 1

I like to plan what I'm going to get people for their birthday or Christmas well in advance. So last November, I slyly got Adam to tell me where he would most like to next travel in Europe and quickly set about booking us up a surprise birthday trip. With it being our last year at university and therefore being super busy with exams and dissertations and spending lots of time getting drunk with our friends, I booked the trip for early June. 

So on the 7th June at 8:30 am we set off from London Gatwick to Vienna. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about Vienna. It wouldn't have been my first choice (or 10th or 15th...) and I really wasn't sure what to expect or what there would be to do/see there and even watching one of my all time favourite movies Before Sunrise, which was set in Vienna and really did make it look stunning and interesting, didn't stop me thinking it wouldn't be as good as our other trips abroad. Oh, how wrong I was!

As soon as we began exploring I fell in love (sidenote... you will notice that I fall in love often, with places, with things, with experiences... some people might think I'm just over exaggerating or using the term 'falling in love' too easily but I actually do fall in love, over and over and over again. I feel so strongly about everything I feel anything about that 'falling in love' with things (or, you know, hating things with fiery passion) happen on an almost daily basis). Day 1 constituted settling into our hostel, taking a quick power nap and getting acquainted with the city, wandering around and soaking up the sights. Here are a few pictures of that first day.








Over the next couple of posts about this city, with both my words and pictures I'm going to try to set the scene. I'm going to try to explain Vienna. I'm going to try to do Vienna justice but please forgive me  if I can't because it is going to be a bloody tough job. Capturing a city such as Vienna should really be left to the John Shaw's or Fitzgerald's of the world. Describing any city should be actually. But, as I've done in the past and will undoubtadly contine to do, I'm going to give it a whirl. Keep your eyes peeled for the next few up and coming blog posts about my (way too short) time in Vienna, Austria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys :) thank you for commenting, I love reading them and reply to all comments! x